Forums are back in action! ×

Plank vs Plank [9 June - 20 July]

2:21!

Not bad for someone who could barely hit 30 seconds 2 months ago.

Let's see how long I can hold my lead for.

I look forward to trying to take it back in a few days; I do much better with a target, as today's performance showed. Was originally aiming for 2 minutes, then I decided to go for 3 but my heart wasn't quite in it and I gave up when it got too painful. I've been training with decline and wall planks, so it was nice to go back to Old Faithful :)

• Like 2

I look forward to trying to take it back in a few days; I do much better with a target, as today's performance showed. Was originally aiming for 2 minutes, then I decided to go for 3 but my heart wasn't quite in it and I gave up when it got too painful. I've been training with decline and wall planks, so it was nice to go back to Old Faithful :)

Ouch the bar has truly been raised...well done, and welcome to the competition!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Oof, I guess it's time to step up my game. :P

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

Oof! You all are making this challenge, well, a challenge! I agree that having a number to reach makes it easier.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Ouch the bar has truly been raised...well done, and welcome to the competition!

Thanks! You know, I just realised this is probably the first time I've ever been complimented on my strength in an objective sense. (Not "Congrats on your progress", but rather actually achieving something people think is impressive in it's own right.) So thanks for that :) Big self-esteem boost and shows that my training is definitely working well!

• Like 2

I just did 2:30; does it matter if I was supporting myself with my hands rather than my forearms? I'll try that way tomorrow and see if I can beat that time.

Eugenides, level 1 thief assassin

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Short term goals:

• lose 10 lbs. by 12/31/18
  • get mile pace to 10 min./mile

Ambitious long term goals:

• 100 standard push-ups without a break
  • Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.”