Forums are back in action! ×

Plank vs Plank [9 June - 20 July]

You are all doing really well! I have not had a repeat of my 1:37 yet. Today's was 50 seconds. I'll try again tonight. I have found that the one I do with my strength workout is always shorter than one done at night after rest.

Also, this seems silly because it is one of the oldest tricks in the book but I just started doing it--making a conscious effort to contract my abs more during the day has really helped with planks. Anytime I walk down the hall at work I try to remember to do this. Been doing it for just two weeks and I have noticed a big improvement.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Woohoo! New PB this morning...managed 2:40 :)

It's really cold this morning, so I was wearing a jumper while doing my planks...the little bit of extra cushioning on my arms made it much more comfortable. It makes such a difference to holding the position when you only have to worry about muscle burn.

Great start to the day :D

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Woohoo! New PB this morning...managed 2:40 :)

It's really cold this morning, so I was wearing a jumper while doing my planks...the little bit of extra cushioning on my arms made it much more comfortable. It makes such a difference to holding the position when you only have to worry about muscle burn.

Great start to the day :D

Lol nice going and i so agree on the more cushioning part i need to find the right cushion lol :D

• Like 1

Yay,  2:35 with proper form this time. And now my abs hate me...  :rolleyes-new:

• Like 1

Eugenides, level 1 thief assassin

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Short term goals:

• lose 10 lbs. by 12/31/18
  • get mile pace to 10 min./mile

Ambitious long term goals:

• 100 standard push-ups without a break
  • Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.” 

Yay,  2:35 with proper form this time. And now my abs hate me...  :rolleyes-new:

I usually do mine while my daughter is getting ready for bed and then because my abs are protesting by that point, I volunteer to lie on her bed and warm it up while I read her a book.

Somehow I forgot to do mine last night. I'll be back tonight.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Woo Hoo PLANKS (waves at a few folks she hasn't seen in a while!)

Inspiring stuff guys - i will let you know how I get on and what my start plank time is asap 

I live on a boat (boat level planks may come later but to start I will go to land I think for these) and my growing pregnant belly is quickly loosing core strength (grrrr) so need to work on these to maintain what I have.

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Ok I actually for real did three minutes today. I was going to video myself the whole time but realized I can't play music and do that and I don't think I would've lasted that long without music. I blasted all I do is win and sweated through it! I will post the :30 I did record (before the 3 min one so don't yell for collapsing in the middle) once I figure out how, for a form check

• Like 1

Train so your heroes become your peers.

Ok I actually for real did three minutes today. I was going to video myself the whole time but realized I can't play music and do that and I don't think I would've lasted that long without music. I blasted all I do is win and sweated through it! I will post the :30 I did record (before the 3 min one so don't yell for collapsing in the middle) once I figure out how, for a form check

Excellent job!

3:10.

Had a rest day in my program today... then I saw this PvP and remembered Dawsy mentioning it at the Sydney NF meet up :)

Read through the thread while planking, which took me to 2:45... then i didn't last much longer without some form of distraction from the burn...

Oh no! I was hoping you'd miss this thread ;) Welcome to the comp. Bar=raised.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)