Forums are back in action! ×

Plank vs Plank [9 June - 20 July]

My spot should be taken off the leaderboard. I got four minutes today by telling myself I wasn't allowed to stop until I got 4 minutes or actually physically collapsed, but then I got suspicious that I was doing so well, and checked that video from the original post. I thought it still counted as long as I didn't hit the floor, but I was totally wrong. I'm sure my form was all over the place, and it would have been bad in my 2:21 as well. 

Let's leave it there for now....have another crack when you're rested and we'll pop up your new score. Even without perfect form, 4 minutes is brilliant. You'll be back there again before you know it :)

I'll give it a go in a couple of days. After that I'll be out for another few days; I do karate during the week, so in addition to all the other stuff I'm doing I don't really want to add planks on top of that. (They're bloody brutal, perfect form or not.)

First plank time for this challenge: 4mins 35sec.

Haven't had time to do on land yet so was on lightly rocking boat which didn't help.

Aim to hit 5 mins on land. Still a long way off my PR of 7min 30 secs which I don't expect to see again for a few years.

• Like 1

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

just seen this thread, my best so far is 1:43, working my way up to 2 minutes :)

Well done! Welcome aboard :)

Haven't had time to do on land yet so was on lightly rocking boat which didn't help.

Aim to hit 5 mins on land. Still a long way off my PR of 7min 30 secs which I don't expect to see again for a few years.

All I can say is...

jaw-drop1.jpg

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Bar = raised

Oh! there it goes through the roof.

Goodness gracious!

I have been stuck back at 60 seconds for planks done during my workouts. I need to remember to do my PVP planks outside of my workouts.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Wow, talk about the wheels falling off :) Where is everyone?

If you're like me, you're probably neglecting the hell out of your planks right now. So, to give us all a kickstart, and get a feel for how much we've each improved (or otherwise), let's all do our best plank today and post the results. It doesn't have to be a PB, just get down and knock one out.

47664373.jpg

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Wow, talk about the wheels falling off :) Where is everyone?

If you're like me, you're probably neglecting the hell out of your planks right now. So, to give us all a kickstart, and get a feel for how much we've each improved (or otherwise), let's all do our best plank today and post the results. It doesn't have to be a PB, just get down and knock one out.

47664373.jpg

Ok - 2:11 (my bunions in my toes where stinging so this is it for today)

gah its so muggy and humid sweat dripping into my eyes was not fun.  Will rock another better time first thing in morning before heat hits

• Like 1

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Thanks Dawsey I'm sure you guys will get there in no time. My time was probably pretty lucky since i have been born with good core strength. I got my first parralel bars human flag after a few weeks of simply trying it a couple times a day.

I hate you. ;) jk, but I am a little jealous! Thanks for the incentive to up my game :)
  • Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Ya, I forgot, sorry Chuck Noris.

Hollow body hold* : 35 seconds

Shaky within the first 5 seconds but felt amazing, don't know why I kept putting it off.

*sub. still not doing planks due to healing shoulder

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself