Forums are back in action! ×

My NF journey so far

First off, hello!

My names Jack, as you may have guessed from my username. I'm 19, from near Manchester in the UK and I'm a student in Manchester, studying English. I found NF about 3 months ago and the way it was aimed at nerd definitely appealed to me.

To cut a long story short, I became quite unfit from doing nothing and eating badly during my first year of university, so decided to buy the rebel fitness guide and start taking fitness seriously. I was already running and trying to eat better, but the real change came from going paleo and adding the NF workout to my running.

I didn't mark an exact date when I started (it was early August though), I didn't even write anything down for about the first week and a half (big mistake, I now realize) but I did take a couple pictures. I thought I'd come here and post my before and after from the 28 day boot camp. I may have done it slightly longer than 28 days due to my not counting the days, but I've been doing it from early August until now.

Here's before. I'm 6'0 and I weighed about 195 pounds.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg88/scaled.php?server=88&filename=73113066.png&res=medium

And here's after, I now weigh roughly 170 pounds.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg52/scaled.php?server=52&filename=afteri.png&res=medium

Feels fantastic to lose that much weight, clothes fit better and I'm way more confident and energetic. This is just the start for me though. I'm about to move back into Uni where I'm going to join a gym and probably start on the 'barbell battalion'.

Seems like there are a lot of friendly people here, hope I can be a part of your community. :)

Okay, so just bumping this with some progress.

Seems the pictures in this thread have stopped working, so I'll post them again, here's the first two I posted when I made this thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here's my progress since then. This was taken just now, so I think it's been 2 months and 10 days since the second picture above.

Posted Image

Feels like I've made a good amount of progress. :)

Not weighed myself in a while, but I think I'm about the same as where I was weight wise, I've not really been trying to lose weight, just maintain and build muscle.

I have a question though, should I start eating to try and gain weight and therefore muscle? Or should I try to lower my BF% first? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I'd go for some muscle mass now if I were you. I think that if you added 10-15 pounds of muscle to your frame, you'd look pretty good.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!