Forums are back in action! ×

And so it begins...

Many time voyeur, first time poster, see how this works out....

Hey kids.

I'm 33, and was, at one time, quite the long distance runner. Ran my first marathon at 13, and had a pretty decent career throughout high school, and the limited amount of college that I actually attended.

Then I discovered firefighting, and that was all swell...

Cue 9/11, and an uncertain world view.

And let's fast forward my subsequent 8 years in the army, and my jolly holiday in Iraq...

And here we are, with a family, and dogs, a couple of goldfish, and whatever critter that appears when all my dogs' hair accumulates.

My issue, you see, is that my mind truly believes that I can just hop out that door, and pop off 5+ miles, with no consequences during or afterwards. I regularly sign up for half marathons, marathons, and the occasional Tough Mudder (which damn near killed me...metaphorically speaking, I swear).

So, yeah, I'm at a point where I'm sick of where I am, and know where I want to be, just no clear, shining path leading me there.

My ultimate goal?

Ninja Warrior.

Or a DILF.

"Running in place will never get you the same results as running from a lion" -TMIMITW