Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

My name is Alex and i'm 23 years old. My entire life i never gave any thought to what i ate. I was lucky and even though i ate junk food almost everyday i never had any weight problems. Things started to change when i got to college. It was then that may mother nearly lost her life and had to do chemo therapy for 6 ( the second time in her life).This hit me pretty hard. I had never felt so stressed and depressed in my life. My eating got out of control , i didn't care about my work in college or about the way i look. My mother got better and i am happy to say she is now well but the bad habits i formed during that period are still here. I went from being a 6 foot guy of about 78 kg to 100 and failed my third college year. A few months ago i found the rebellion and started doing dumbbell exercises on and off and managed to drop to about 94 kg. For a month now i managed to form the habit of working out every morning but my eating is still out of control.Today was my last day of college this year ,i woke up, looked in the mirror and  realized that another year had gone by of wasted opportunities.

I want it to stop. I have 3 months to study for about 10 exams so i don't fail another year. My goal is to become truly disciplined and feel in control of my life. I want to look great, feel strong and get back on track with my career.I never really posted on a forum or talked with people about these problems, my main motivator for doing this now is in the hope that with support and accountability i will manage to break my bad habits and become the person i want to be and if i can offer the same help to others. I will soon figure out my class and post my first challenge. 

Regards,

Alex

P.S.

Sorry if my grammar is not the best, i was never much of a writer and English is pretty different from my mother tongue.

Level 0 Nord

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Hi there!  I just started on the forum today but I understand what you are going thru.  I went through an illness and depression and gained a lot of weight. I went through a similar experience you are with the working out be the eating out of control. Recently I signed up for a 5K and it has inspired me to get on the ball harder.  I hoep  things work out. I feel like this place will be awesome for some great support!

Good luck with classes, 10 exams, you are the man taking on that. I am wrapping up a History class and then done and trying to figure out where to move next.