Forums are back in action! ×

Well I guess Hello would be in order about here. As this is my first post here you can assume that I'm new to nerd fitness. I am looking to regain the form of my youth or something like that. I'm 62 yrs (hence the "old timer") 6'2" and weigh in at 265 lbs., roughly at least 30%+ body fat and little if any actual usable strength left. Many injuries, both shoulders, right knee, left wrist and various other aches and pains, many as the result of five motorcycle accidents. However I aint dead yet so I'm looking to improve the rest of my life, health and strength wise. And I'm sure my sweet wife wouldn't mind a better looking me somewhere along the line.

I' recently started strongly considering taking action when my son told me about going wheat free about 8 weeks ago. I've been wheat free now for 6 weeks. Some good improvements however no weight loss to date. Thinking that exercise might be needed to help out here along with a greater still reduction in my carb intake, I do drink alot of coffee with creme and sugar. I aint into treadmills and jogging and all that kind of stuff but I have read some stuff here (on NF website) about weight training to lose weight by building muscle and strength. That has got my interest, and I think I would like to try that. Just not exactly sure where and how to start, guess that's where you guys (and girls) come in, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there and welcome to NF from another "old timer" (63).

Were a friendly bunch and help will be gladly given, I know little about weight training but many on here do, just have a look around the forums.

Good luck.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.