Forums are back in action! ×

The Mindrazer Giveth and Taketh Away...

(Understand my topic title? We already have something in common!)

Anyway...

Howdy Everyone!

I am TheMindrazer (Josh), new to the community, familiar with The Rebellion.

I stumbled across Nerd Fitness around the beginning of last year while reading an interview with Steve on Lifehacker. After reading several articles and success stories I was hooked!

I've always been a fairly skinny guy at around 5' 10" and 160lbs. No matter how much or how often I lifted growing up and through college I could never gain more than 5lbs which I would lose in no time. It wasn't until I found this community that I began to realize a lot of what I had been doing was totally wrong. Over the course of 7 months after discovering Nerd Fitness I managed to put on 30lbs, most of which was muscle! However, a combination of factors including family issues, a new job, and a newborn son have derailed my motivation and tarnished the results of my hard work from the year prior. I still hover around 180lbs, but have lost a great deal of muscle mass and strength. Only recently have I begun to regain my focus and along with it my determination to be fit and healthy again.

The first time around I didn't bother joining the forums or interacting with the community. I've decided to take the plunge and enlist for this go around in the hopes of keeping myself accountable and meeting some great, new people.

My goals are fairly simple:

1. Be able to protect my family if the need arises
  2. Be able to keep up with my son and future children as they grow
  3. Feel great everyday of my life
  4. Lastly, the obvious... Look great naked for my wife! 

My initial battle plan:

1. Join my first 6-week challenge
  2. Clean up my diet (Soda-free for almost 2 weeks now!) 
  3. Participate in the community for accountability and motivation

Whew. With all that out there, a little about myself. I am a Database Administrator/Software Developer for one of the largest Spark Plug and Oxygen Sensor manufacturers in the world (Can you guess?). I was an avid gamer growing up and through college, playing mostly Role-playing and First-person shooters. In college my Planeswalker Spark was ignited when I was introduced to Magic: The Gathering. Needless to say I've been obsessed since day one. Aside from gaming I am a huge fan of Anime (FMA:B FTW!) and a self-aware technophile.

It feels good to finally shed my social shell and take this step. I look forward to meeting everyone and most of all becoming a part of this awesome community. 

For the Rebellion!

TheMindrazer, Zombie Ranger

LVL: 0 | STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Introduction

6 Week Challenge #1 (June 9 - July 20, 2014)