Forums are back in action! ×

New Assassin-Monk-Hybrid incoming

Hey guys, I just signed up here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm male, 18 (soon 19) years old, and live in Germany. So although I learned english for a few years in school and I'm not that bad at it, it is not my first language, so I'm sorry for any mistakes in terms of grammar, vocabulary, phrasing etc. that I'll make. ;)

Anyway, I'll just tell you something about myself now: I'm about 1,83m high, weigh about 85kg, gain weight easily and find it hard to lose it. The weight I'm carrying around contains both muscle and fat, but I'm trying to reduce the amount of fat right now by doing weight training followed by HIIT on the punching bag or jump rope.

I'm doing Kickboxing for six or seven years now and started learning Muay Thai about hakf a year ago. Therefore I'd fit into the guild of the monks, which is great, I love Martial Arts and trying to learn new influences whenever I can find them, and I'd love to share this passion with others who do the same thing. But what I'm very interested in are the things that are represented by the Assassins guild. And as I stand in for the philosophy that you should always try something new, I guess I'll try this one out first, and then look where I'm feeling better. All in all I see myself as an hybrid between both of the previously named guilds. (Although I lack most of the Assassin's skills yet, but I believe that where there is a will, there is a way)

I'm a big fan of functional training that can be adapted to everyday life. I don't see a sense in going to the gym and pressing 400lbs of weight on the bench just in order to look good and pose at the beach or the swimming pool. I find this shallow and vain.

My philosophy of life is that it should be enjoyed second by second, so I'm appreaciating every moment I'm spending with my friends and people I like, even those that I just met. I like meditating in the manner of Zazen, as this keeps me grounded and lets me perceive everything in a much deeper way. I also started creating a bucket list recently (which is still in progress) and I'm thinking about writing a book or a diary about what I'm doing in my life, with photos, and maybe daily, maybe weekly or monthly entries, in order to keep the memories and some day give it to my children and grandchildren.

And although I'm not a big fan of RPG's like WoW, LoL, etc. and I'm definitely not the stereotypical nerd, I find the concept of this forum awesome! :D

Well that's what came to my mind spontanuously. (Maybe it would have been a little bit more if I had drunk a beer less tonight haha :D) If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Talking about questions I also have a few before I publish this thread:

- How do I join a guild and how do I change to a new guild?

- Do you have any fat loss tips for me?

- How can I start training in order to improve my Assassin's skills? What exercises and training routines are best for this?

Thanks in advance and looking forward for your answers and a good time with all of the NF members. :)

Edge

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!!  

There's a lot to take in - but take it slowly and you'll pick it up as you go.

First off, NOTHING is required.  Na da.  You can hang out, read, swap tips and questions and learn from the mentors and fellow nerds.  

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The next challenge started June 9th, but you can still join in.  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/362-level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

You CAN change guilds with each challenge, but we hope that you'll stick it out with the guild you choose for each challenge during the challenge. 

Assassins have a skill-based group mini-challenge each six weeks.  Our skills library is here:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48933-the-assassin-phonebook-and-library/?p=1055921 and you can certainly hang out in our guild thread and pick up ideas.

Body fat loss .... well, assassins tend to focus on strength through bodyweight training and restricting calories gradually.  Everyone at NF tends to focus on eating "clean" ... mostly avoiding process carbs, eating meats, fruits, and veggies. 

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)