Forums are back in action! ×

Coming out of my cave

Well, I've been reading the articles and trying to follow solo for a couple months now, and while I am seeing improvement, I am finally getting my stubborn butt here to get support.

My name is Ann (Dog Girl is my superhero name) and I am 230lbs, luckily a significant portion of it is muscle, as I bike 20 miles for work 5 days a week.

Oh, I also work nights. So between getting up early to ride to work, working a 10 hour shift, then biking home...some days it's really hard to find the motivation for a workout.

I have been overweight my whole life (except for the last 6 years, where I was anorexic) I am now overweight again because that's what happens when you starve yourself then finally start eating.

I want to lose fat the RIGHT way. I want to look in the mirror and see a strong woman. I want to be as strong as Wolverine, and as smart as Batman. Iwant to stop the weight fluctuations.

I am ready to join the rebellion!

Well, I've been reading the articles and trying to follow solo for a couple months now, and while I am seeing improvement, I am finally getting my stubborn butt here to get support.

My name is Ann (Dog Girl is my superhero name) and I am 230lbs, luckily a significant portion of it is muscle, as I bike 20 miles for work 5 days a week.

Oh, I also work nights. So between getting up early to ride to work, working a 10 hour shift, then biking home...some days it's really hard to find the motivation for a workout.

I have been overweight my whole life (except for the last 6 years, where I was anorexic) I am now overweight again because that's what happens when you starve yourself then finally start eating.

I want to lose fat the RIGHT way. I want to look in the mirror and see a strong woman. I want to be as strong as Wolverine, and as smart as Batman. Iwant to stop the weight fluctuations.

I am ready to join the rebellion!

Welcome!!!!!!

We have similar goals it seems, I was also on the ED weight yoyoing roller coaster for years and instead of crash dieting or turning to unhealthy habits to get to a 'comfortable' weight only to pile it back on again this go around I decided I'm sick of it and it was time for a lifestyle change. 

If you ever need some encouragement/support shoot me a pm :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thanks, I might need it. I work a high stress job (the company actually buys chocolate for us, we have a drawer at work right next to the computer, where we store it) so I emotionally eat A LOT...I actually have whipped cream and cherries beside me right now (don't worry, am about to put them back).

But eating healthy is new territory for me, definitely need support, and good recipes (my mom's idea of "cooking" came out of a box, add water, heat and ready)

• Like 1

Thanks, I might need it. I work a high stress job (the company actually buys chocolate for us, we have a drawer at work right next to the computer, where we store it) so I emotionally eat A LOT...I actually have whipped cream and cherries beside me right now (don't worry, am about to put them back).

But eating healthy is new territory for me, definitely need support, and good recipes (my mom's idea of "cooking" came out of a box, add water, heat and ready)

Any way you could switch out the chocolate and get them to order a little bit of fruit/granola/nuts for you? At work we had the 5 lb chocolate tin. Right next to me (I skipped lunch and happily munched on baby ruths, peanut butter cups, snickers and milkyways a couple times a week) but since I started looking to get healthier I've been bringing cashews/pistachios/granola pre portioned out with me and reach for those whenever I want to reach for the chocolate and they've been working pretty well!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

They occasionally get sunflower seeds, or something like that, but I have a few healthy co-workers who work the day shift, who devour the "good stuff" before I come on shift. These days I just set my backpack in front of it when I come on shift, so I can't be tempted to look in there.

• Like 1