Forums are back in action! ×

What exercises can you do daily?

First of all, let me apologize if this has already been covered in another post; I hunted around a bit and couldn't find a similar question posed to the group.

I'm wondering what exercises it's OK to do daily. Specifically, I'm talking about push ups and planks. I feel like push ups and sit ups are just things you always hear of fit people doing daily, but then every piece of training advice I've read says to rest muscles in between sessions. Do pecs and abs somehow get a free pass on this? Or can you only do them daily once you've reached a certain, base level of fitness? (I'm currently doing 3 sets of 20 wall push-ups every other day, and holding plank for 25 seconds 2 or 3 times every other day. I'd love to do all that daily!)

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

it really depends on your level and so many other elements of your life, like your personal recovery, your sleep, your diet, etc.

you can probably do wall pushups every day, but its like any other lifting thing - the heavier you get (so when you get to regular pushups or one handed pushups or handstand pushups) you'll need more rest in between.

and if you're doing wall pushups and not feeling sore the next day, make them harder instead of doing them more often.

but no, nothing gets a "free pass."

if you want to work out daily, why not come up with a different routine for each day?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”