Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Jenemone (pronounced like a sea "anemone"). I just turned 39, and have had a nagging goal for about 3 years to see what my body could be if I put my mind to it. What would "full potential" look like? So I set the goal of being there by age 40. I have 11 months.

I have hypothyroidism, and have been able to keep my weight down fairly well considering. I'm 5'6" and was at 157 lbs 3 months ago (145 now). I have a fairly sedentary desk job with an occassional jaunt out to a farm since I work for the Dept of Ag. I'm divorced with no children and 2 energetic dogs who are my inspiration to be more active. The more exercise they get, the better behaved they are. I was working out 6 days a week 3 yrs ago. The stress of divorce and a dog with cancer caused me to totally fall away from it. I never changed my diet, so I was toned, but still roughly 30% body fat. I spent 2 mo doing 1500 calories a day, and lost about 8 lbs. I changed to a paleo/primal diet a month ago and quit bad carbs and sugar cold turkey. I feel GREAT, but have only lost maybe 3 pounds. Better than nothing. I also ran my first 5k this spring.

Looking forward to figuring out the site and gaining more momentum every day!

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you implement that effort into your life every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. KEEP GOING. REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED." ~Unknown

Thanks! I went ahead and posted my first challenge. I didn't want to wait another 5 weeks.

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you implement that effort into your life every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. KEEP GOING. REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED." ~Unknown