Forums are back in action! ×

big time nerd, big time fitness nut, new to the site

wut up everyone, for starters i'm 27 live in IL, and have 2 kids and 1 in the oven ;). i was manager in a fast food chain for about 6 years, and spent many long hours working and eating that crappy food. by the age of 25 my cholesterol was over 300, so i lived on cholesterol and BP meds, and also anti anxiety, and antidepressants, any one who has ever been in management will understand the stress there. as the years passed i overlooked the man in the mirror until our second child was born in jan 2012, thats when the light came on. the realization hit me that i wouldn't live to meet my grandchildren. thats when i took a stand for health. at 328 pounds, i started with the P90X and Insanity programs and dropped 60 pounds! then i plateaued it sucked, but i didn't really understand nutrition, once i changed that i dropped another 56 pounds! no i have taken the focus off the scale and have recently started crossfit, mostly at home, and have gained 26 pounds, i am also a full time student and intern lol. and i have recently started the "Walk to Mordor" pretty excited! walked 27 miles my first week, i work for a surveying company so i walk most of the day. i'm excited to get to the gym and try the LOTR workouts, i'm pretty big fan of that series lol. but i'm always looking for new way to push my self one more step further. i have recently acquired some tractor tires (225lbs) and flip those a lot, and i like to beat the snot out of them with my hammer too ;) i have a wod i created called "Wulfgar" lol but any way i'm pretty excited to have found this community!  

• Like 1

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/