Forums are back in action! ×

I'm the new girl

Guest ReformedPerfectionist

Guest ReformedPerfectionist

Hi all!

I'm Courtney and I'm new to the community. I'm here because...I have questions. A lot of them. But first...a bit about me...

I was an obese child. So...that was super fun. It wasn't my parent's fault...or really mine either. I was on some medication that basically shut my metabolism down from ages 9-14. It was super-fun. I was around 150lbs, 4ft something and in the 5th grade. 

So...I have had food issues. As soon as I went off the medication I dropped 30lbs in a month. Continued to lose. Kind of in an unhealthy-non-eating-not-good kind of way....then I gained some back...then around 2006 I decided to start running.

I did my first half marathon in 2007. Have done quite a few sprint triathlons. Several half marathons. Countless 5K's and one full marathon.

But I've always been skinny-fat. I'm 125-130 depending on how careful I'm being...but it's soft. I run and run and run....and the layer of fat remains. 

So now I'm trying to lift. I want muscle. Abs. Arms. My calfs are pretty killer already...but everything from the knee up needs work. 

As far as my nerd-cred goes...that's been fairly life-long as well. I mean if you're the fat kid...you don't exactly go join sports teams....so I read a lot as a kid. And drew. And this has spilled over in to adulthood. I'm now 30 and still in school, working on the PhD. But I love every second of it. 

Also I'm recently married....walked down the aisle to Imperial March. Deathstar grooms cake. Tardis garter. Nerd pride. Oh, and I have a harry potter related tattoo. 

Anyway. I'm here. I have questions. And am avoiding...you know...dissertating. So I'll be around. :)