Forums are back in action! ×

I am a 30 year old man with a desk job, a wife, two kids, and I am getting a second degree.  I joined this forum as a place to find guidance and help with my weight loss goals. 

I am currently down 15 lbs (since the beginning of May) to 230.  This was achieved mostly by cutting processed foods and getting my hormones in check with my doctor.  This week I also started a dumbbell routine and am considering some running.

I have lost weight in the past few years, and only two things have worked for me:  P90X and running.  I don't like either.  I did crossfit for a minute, but stopped because of a) injury and b ) money (it's spendy).  One thing I did really enjoy about crossfit was the lifting.

Right now I look like Saint's before pic (seriously... we might be long lost brothers).  Hopefully I can get to were I look like his after pics. 

"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

i too started my weight loss journey with p90x and insanity at 328 pounds, managed to drop 116 and gain some back in muscle once i started crossfit, and your right it is pricey and that is why i have left the gym and entered the backyard, all it took is an old swing set (pull up bar), tractor tire, sledge hammer and a few dumbbells. i loved crossfit for the endurance of lifting, i feel like i can lift anything (even though i can't) but what i mean is i feel overall strong, so whether it's lifting stuff around the office, or turning a wrench under the hood, i feel like i have adequate muscle strength to do so. i still have more to lose and my journey is far from over, but my eyes are on the horizon and the fiery hell of Mt. Doom awaits my arrival. welcome to Nerd Fitness!  

• Like 1

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/

very true just make sure when you do find a tire make sure its something you can jump on and that can be a substitute for box jumps, my first one wasn't sturdy enough, i now have 4 lol ranging in size and weight i love them all!

and thank you it was no easy feat and has taken the better part of 2 years

Half-Orc Level 1

Ranger in Training

Progress:Down 116 pounds

Final Boss: Stubborn Belly Fat

Mission: Destroy All Fat Cells

Side Quest: Walking to Mordor

1779 miles x 5280 ft = 9,393,120 ft

avg distance/step 2.5ft

9,393,120/2.5= 3,757,248 steps to Mordor

Steps taken: 51,126 = 24.2 miles

First Challenge + WODs + Food Diary:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50146-shaneshu87s-first-challenge/