Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone. I am new, and I am exhausted.

I'm 27, female, 5'3'', and 235. 

Now what am I exhausted of? 

I'm exhausted with feeling tired. I'm exhausted with feeling weak. I'm exhausted with feeling like my body is out of my own control. I am utterly exhausted with being afraid.

I have been fighting with anxiety and depression since my teenage years, and I am only able to work intermittently because of it.

I've never been in good shape, though my genetics have been kind. Unfortunately due to the mental illness I grapple with, I take various psychotropic medications. Surprise surprise, they have side effects. In February I started a new medication that helped clear my mind significantly-- unfortunately I've gained weight like mad. I was 195 back in February, and no, no pregnancy. 

I am exhausted with feeling strain in my joints. I'm exhausted with wishing I could do activities but finding my limits suddenly shortened from where they were. I want to rock climb. I want to LARP. I want to run through the fields behind my house in the middle of the night and not have to stop after three minutes because I'm in pain.

I come here what most people come here for. Support. My own support network IRL is.. very lacking. I am isolated. I also come for information and education, because while I do want to be able to do these things and have fun, I'm also painfully aware that my limits are not what they were even three months ago. My personal habit is to go full throttle and burn out quickly. That's what I wish to avoid.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!!  

There's a lot to take in - but take it slowly and you'll pick it up as you go. We believe in slow and going for the long term around here. :pride:

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The current challenge started June 9th, but you can still get in on the fun.  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.ner...level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 7 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.  We have a group for people with depression, even. 

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Take baby steps- this is best for nearly everyone as full throttle burns out VERY quickly!

Try making healthier changes to your diet and a goal to increase activity a few times a week. I started by using whole grain carbs instead of regular breads/pastas and adding a few veggies throughout the week! Eventually I phased out carbs and most dairy and am eating about 85 percent clean (2.5 months of phasing and replacing foods) It feels pretty normal and I feel a million times better while feeling like I didn't really change much.

Activity wise, is there something you enjoy doing? A scenic park near you? Take a walk and make it just a little bit longer every week. The little changes are things you can build on and things that will become habits rather than a 'diet' to you- diets end, just gotta think long term and how you want to feel- it was a little overwhelming at first but keeping the changes small made me feel like it was normal anyways. 

Good luck!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both