Forums are back in action! ×

Excited for a lifestyle change

Hey guys my name is Jack and I'm setting sail to take this journey with all of you!

A little bit about me, I've been trying to get in shape for years and in many respects I've succeeded. Through lifting in my garage, running, swimming and basketball I've been largely successful. Dropping from 240 to 180 in the past two years. However, I'm not done yet. I'm on a mission and I'm not quitting. My goal, dream, highest ambition: to be in the best shape of my life. What I've realized is that to get past this plateau of 180, I need to make some changes. Strength training - went to my local 24 hour fitness this morning and crushed a nice upper body workout.  Paleo and I'm already loving it! I made 2 ingredient pancakes this morning (no not what you're thinking!),

three eggs + 1 banana + 1/4 teaspoon of organic coconut flour. Thats it! Simple and delicious.

Body specs:

Height: 5'10

Weight: 180

BMI/BFP: Not sure.

I've uploaded pictures of me to show my starting point. Yes I know this is the internet but I'm fine with it!

What I'm hoping to get from you guys, is motivation and any workouts or paleo meals to try!

Hopefully posting links is ok, if not please let me know and I'll remove it ASAP! 

I just wanted to share with you guys the website I used to plan my workout this morning:

http://bodyforlife (DOT) com/library/exercise/weight-training

My greatest ambition is to get into the best shape of my life. I know this can and WILL happen! Please join me on my journey and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you guys! Thanks so much for reading and best wishes in your endeavors!

Sincerely,

Jack

post-30426-0-06740900-1404171290_thumb.j

post-30426-0-04992500-1404171292_thumb.j

post-30426-0-51880000-1404171293_thumb.j

post-30426-0-65346300-1404171294_thumb.j

post-30426-0-86438000-1404171295_thumb.j

Welcome to the Rebellion and congrats on the weightloss so far!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)