Forums are back in action! ×

Mel_Issa's Woot's

Here is the first one on my journey to recommit myself:

I think this is a positive thing, but I'm not sure LOL.  I went out and bought some shorts last night since I only had 3 pairs of non-gym shorts.  I went for the same size as most of my jeans - 18 - and tried them on.  The legs were a little snug but the waist was to big.  Okay not a big deal, I don't have an issue wearing a belt.  So as I am wearing them today, I am feeling them starting to slid off.  So I go to the bathroom and try to pull them down without unbuttoning them, not thinking I would be able to, I was amazed that I could fully take them off without unbuttoning them at all.  I am actually scared to try on a smaller size for the fear of not being able to pull them up or button them.  With the fear of not being able to put them on or button them if I do try them on will cause me to start feeling bad.  I know its an irrational fear, but it is still one that I have.

• Like 3

That certainly is a positive thing :) You are making progress!

It is kind of scary to try those smaller sizes. When I try on clothes and am not sure what size to pick I always try the bigger one on first because if it fits, good, and if it doesn't fit, it's a good thing to be able to go down a size. If I try on the smaller size and have to go up, it can be discouraging. The mind games we play with ourselves, right? Also, you might try washing them to see if they shrink a tiny bit (maybe let them air dry for now and then after a while you might try to dry them in the washer to shrink them more if they are big again.)

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP