Forums are back in action! ×

Having Fun With Fitness

Hey there reader! This post is an introduction, more of a story about my fitness life, but it will help you get to know me better.

I got into fitness during my freshman year of high school. I loved soccer, but never played travel. Once I got into high school, I decided to join the soccer team. That first season of soccer showed me how out of shape I actually was. I started the year about 5'7-5'8, weighing in at 143 lbs. After that fall season, I decided to learn about working out, and joined my school's winter powerlifting program. Over the winter, I got much stronger, adding about 30 lbs onto my bench, adding 120 lbs onto my DL, and adding about 90 lbs onto my squat. I loved powerlifting, but it really wasn't my favorite way to lift. That spring, my friend recruited me onto the track team to work on mid distance running, the 800m and 1600m. I did pretty poorly, but I did cut from 160 lbs to 145 lbs, without getting much weaker. Over the next couple years I spent researching and experimenting with different forms of exercise, and stuck with soccer and the same events for track. I have also done lots of gaming in my free time (especially before high school), but my free time is now dominated by exercising, but I do leave time for gaming. I haven't really tracked my progress for lifting, but my running times have gotten faster for both sprints and endurance running, and I have become a much better soccer player, hoping to join a club or something eventually. I have also recently picked up parkour and bodyweight exercising. I want to stay leaner, but strong in my upper body, and lift and build strong, fast muscles in my legs, along with keeping endurance with running.

I want to become an Assassin, because their training appeals to me, but I will also supplement bodyweight training with heavy leg lifting and endurance running/biking. And of course I won't leave out sprints/HIIT.

I will always be open to discuss fitness with anyone, if you seem interested enough to talk to me :)

Even though I already know alot about fitness, I wanted to join a community and share what I know, and maybe learn some more.

Thanks for reading!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Challenge

Lvl:1

STR:2

DEX:5

STA:3

CON:1

WIS:2

CHA:1

Wow, it looks like you've got everything figured out

! I love soccer too,my game definitely needs improvement though, I haven't played in forever! Also, just curious (I'm very new), do you have any specific diet/food plan? I've noticed that a lot of Rebels do Paleo.

I haven't really started any diet, I just try to limit myself on unhealthy or processed food. I want to take bread and grains out of my diet, but I love pasta too much...

I have debated doing paleo, and I think i am going to slowly transition into it, take it slowly, because I really love my food.

Hello Kaxxy!

Always good to see another soccer player, although I'm a goalkeeper and thus considered a different breed altogether, at least here in Germany! What Position do you play? 

I have played pretty much every field position (except sweeper, which for some reason I have trouble with), I prefer Stopper and Striker. My coaches usually put me at Stopper or Center Midfield because they know I have good ball control and can drive the ball down a ways and get it, and keep it, in their zone. My main problem has always been my lack of power in my kicks, and the fact that I am horrible with my left foot. 

And in the U.S. (at my school anyways) the goalie would go work on goalie stuff with our assistant coach, who played goalie in college for some smaller college. the goalie would only stick around for the warmup drills and cooldown stretching. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Challenge

Lvl:1

STR:2

DEX:5

STA:3

CON:1

WIS:2

CHA:1