Forums are back in action! ×

...so I guess that means I can still whoop some ass.  Or look ridiculous trying.  One of the two.

I just turned the big 3-0 and, honestly, I have been dreading it since I was 8 or 9.  I literally had a small emotional meltdown about a week before.  Hubby did not understand, which made it worse.

I feel fat, old, and not happy.  I seem to forget that I have beat an eating disorder in high school, depression after college, and cancer a few years ago.  I have completely changed careers, started a business (last year--NOT for the faint of heart), and have completed some pretty kick ass things.  But if I don't FEEL healthy, I find that none of that matters to my body or my mind.  I have a very physical job (medical massage therapist) and as a business owner who also works full time--it's a physical struggle.

So, next challenge (because I do so like them) is to get to the healthiest I have ever been.  I am not looking for a specific weight (I used to--and it was hard to achieve).  I have Celiacs and am currently in the process of ruling out some other autoimmune conditions (2 at this point might fit, but again, it's a process)--and no health insurance to boot.  (Well, major medical, technically, but it's literally just that.)

So, that's me in a (not as tiny as it used to be) nutshell.

I am hoping to find some awesome people who can help, challenge, and confront me when I screw up.  Because I need that.  And friends who support this new me.  I'm hoping I can be a leader for my family--but as of now, it's me (and the dog) who want to do this. 

• Like 1

"Always remember, pillage first, THEN burn!"

DH:  "What's with all the fireworks?"

Me:  "We live in the United States of unabashed Pyros."

DH:  "I thought we lived in PA?"

Me:  "Same thing."

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!  I think this is a great place to be supported while you figure out how to get to becoming your best self!  It won't be easy, but then you already know not easy.  (I ran my own business for 5 years .... I think juggling chain saws would be easier!!)

Keep your eyes open for the start of the next challenge near the end of the month.  I really think that they are a great way to focus on a manageable number of changes and experiments in finding out what works for you.  6 weeks will let you try an exercise strategy or a diet and see if you can stick with it and if it makes a difference FOR YOU.  Lots of people around here will tell you that diet X is the only way to go - don't believe them.  The philosophy of the Rebellion is to question, experiment, and find out for yourself.

That being said, if you have celiacs, have you tried the paleo or primal approaches yet?  Many people do find those useful ways to eat. 

What can you do for exercise ... or want to do??  The only effective exercise is the one that you WILL DO.  :pirate:

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)