Forums are back in action! ×

Patellofemoral tracking disorder?

This is a shot in the dark, but supposedly I have this in my "good" knee. It developed due to overcompensation after ACL reconstruction in my left. It's treatable with physical therapy in a month, which is nothing compared to surgery. But still, a month of not doing anything with my legs sucks.

Does anybody have any experience with this crap?

As an aside, since I stopped powerlifting a couple of weeks ago my appetite has gone down a ton. I went from about 4,000 calories per day to 2,000. Understandable but it feels weird not to be hungry and craving food most of the time.

Not sure yet, so far all I've done is one session yesterday with a lot of the same exercises I did during my left ACL rehab, except with the right knee. It was a weird feeling, like trying to read text in a mirror. All that's been accomplished so far is a sore right ass cheek. It's going to take some time, obviously. I better find some video games to keep me occupied.

Have you visited a fysiotherapist yet?

Really the best thing you can do in this situation. I've currently got an asymmetrical connection of my right quadriceps to my kneecap, which means that if I run without proper shoes, my knee starts to hurt a lot. That was the doctor's diagnose, at least.

I asked a fysiotherapist I know what the usual treatment was. Guess what?

I get to do squats. :P I hope that fixes it, though, because currently, I can't run towards the train if I'm late for it, because my knee won't work.

I plan on visiting a fysiotherapist for a proper consult soon. :)

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.