Forums are back in action! ×

Hey fellow nerds,

I have tried several times to get healthy and fit, etc.... nothing worked until I started reading Steve's stories and have been completely inspired. He says the simplest things that make the most sense - we always try and achieve too much too quickly. Nowhere else do we think that we can achieve level 15 without going through levels 1 - 14.

I have also realised a few things about myself - I have psychological issues with food. Food gives me comfort and solace and I did not want to give that up. But I also realise that my attempts to diet previously have been an absolute sham. It was not food that I enjoyed and I was constantly hungry.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have spent some time reading not only Steve's stories but the stories of the people on this site and I have been completely inspired. I WANT TO CHANGE! I have managed to change some stuff in my head about how I want to live my life. I want to be healthy and I realise that that comes with work and effort. I cannot eat what I want, sit on the couch and expect to have a healthy life or to be fit. I don't want my daughter to be embaressed of her fat mother, nor do I want her to grow up with a sedentary lifestyle. I want her to be active and free and healthy.

I have looked through a couple of other sites close to home (I live in South Africa) that would possibly provide me with some support and there are some really good ones but I have to be honest, I love this site. I cannot promise to be on here every week telling you guys how awesome you are (and you really are!!!) or how I am doing but I would like to be here every couple of weeks hoping for bits of advice on how I am doing and what I can do to improve my lifestyle.

So far, in the past couple of weeks, I have given up carbs and sugar and have managed to be 80% successful with that. I have also been training with a trainer twice a week and then doing cardio by myself for another 2 days. I am definitely seeing results but want to increase my body weight training to cardio ratio.

• Like 1