Forums are back in action! ×

Where do I start, I was diagnosed with fibro over 20 years ago. It didn't affect too much of my daily life. Zoom forward 23 years, I was miserable, pitiful and generally suicidal, turns out it was a brain tumor sitting on my frontal lobe. Its gone now and I feel great emotionally but through the years my fibro got worse. I couldn't deal with the fact that I was in better emotional health than I had ever been and my body just wasn't keeping up. I decided to explore kicking/curing fibro (I have met with extreme nastiness from fellow fibro sufferers when I use the word cure so.....) and in my research I discovered some promising approaches. I employed them all. I had already changed my diet and was feeling a little better and that really gave me hope. I did a liver cleanse (two at current time), parasite cleanse (it is an ongoing process), raindrop therapy (google it, it is amazing) and a colon cleanse. I was terribly unhappy with the results from my colon cleanse. I thought I was doing everything right as in high fiber, lots of vegetables, whole grains etc but I still had constipation. So I did what I always do, I researched. That research took me to the Paleo Diet (which I knew cured MS) and that brought me here to Nerd Fitness. 

I had been so successful and had eliminated 95% of my symptoms but I just couldn't deal with the remaining nagging joint pain and the feeling that I wasn't fully cleansed so I searched. Here I am now, pretty much fibro free and ready to go Paleo (I got rid of all my grains and the other no nos yesterday, who knew?). I started the beginner body workout and I am looking forward to the best health of my life. Woot, woot!

• Like 2

I wish my Mum would read this. I have tried to talk to her about Paleo and how it might benefit her health, yet she insists on eating grains and all the no-no's and continues to be miserable.

It may not be a cure all for her, but I honestly believe she could benefit.

I just might show her this post! :)

Well done you! :)

Wait! What............?