Forums are back in action! ×

Just getting started

Hello, I've been signed up since June but haven't tried to be involved in the community until two days ago when I signed myself up for the six week challenge. If you want to check it out click the link :)

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4994-Better-late-than-never&p=58435#post58435

Right now I am trying to figure out what my long term goals in life are. I have general ideas but nothing concrete to work towards. As I figure them out I will be adding it to my profile.

As for my stats I am 21 years old, 5'7" and 133 lbs. I am currently attending community college and have been since fall 2008. I am hoping to transfer in 2 years to become an official Anthropology major and I am currently considering Botany as well. Overall I love working out but sticking to a schedule is where I fail. I am hoping by getting involved in the community that I will be holding myself more accountable than if it were just by myself. As for the Nerd part, I consider myself an animal nerd. (I haven't seen many of these on here) Any type of animal, I think they are cool and could talk your ear off about all of them though my favorite are fishes and reptiles.

Currently I am working on avoiding cookies. I'm one day cookie sober.

"If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up." - J.M Power.

CURRENT CHALLENGE - FACEBOOK - MY EPIC QUEST TO DO LIST

"It is not who you are that holds you back, it is who you think you are not" -Anonymous

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished" -Tao Te Ching

Welcome to the community!

An animal nerd eh? You are not alone, I'll be graduating with my bachelors in wildlife biology here in december so i guess you could call me an animal nerd as well (birds and fish)

I avoid plants if i can though...i couldnt do too much botany, i just got out of a three hour plant physiology lab...oy. Avoiding cookies is one solid step towards fitness, keep it up! and welcome once again

I know I won' t be able to do much career wise with either of my major choices but I know I am happy with simple things and wont need much money after I graduate. But I love learning so I might as well learn about the things I enjoy. :D

"If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up." - J.M Power.

"It is not who you are that holds you back, it is who you think you are not" -Anonymous

psh, you have lots of options with botany. Wildlife doesnt make a lot of money either, but not many jobs get to work outside like that doesnt something they are passionate about. Anthropology may be a little tougher job-wise, but like you said, that hardly matters in the grand scheme, you have to follow your passion (and avoid cookies)

Unless they are the primal coconut or almond macaroons, which are delicious.

yumm.. I'll think I'm going to make some of those once I break the habit of wanting cookies.