Forums are back in action! ×

Oh Daily Show....

I have never heard of a quiet gym before until the Daily Show boldly investigated this silent fad.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-14-2011/the-plight-of-muscled-americans?xrs=share_copy

Whoa! Is this place for real?

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Guest guest4729

I actually went to my local Planet Fitness over winter break while I didn't have access to my free school gym. It was the closest AND cheapest option for me. They only have free weights that go up to 60lbs, only have Smith machines for lifting, have wall to wall cardio machines (stationary bikes, treadmills, etc.) and really focus on machines. There ARE a few people who lift for real (excluding the Smith Machine...) that go to my local PF. Very few people know what they're doing.

I mean, I like the idea that they try to make it a place for newbies and stuff, but I think they go way too far with their discrimination. It's pretty absurd.

I went to a Planet Fitness a few times a while ago. They had a Half Rack next to the Smith Machines. Nobody used it except for a dad and his kid. He had the kid doing Quarter Squats with that blue pad thing on.

It was pretty loud, and there was a lot of noise as far as weights go. A lot of tough guy posing from the gangster shitheads.

Overall not bad.