Forums are back in action! ×

New Challenger Approaching

Hello, everyone

I'm Pedro, a 24 years old brazillian copywriter, and I've recently joined the Rebellion.

I've almost always had weight problems, and have failed an incredible number of times trying to get in shape. I'm a classic nerd, and proud of it, but the wheight thing gets me worried for helth issues. I'm 5.8ft and around 230lb, and there are heart diseases history in my family.

My goal is not really aesthetic, but i want to live the longest, healthiest nerd life i can! Of course, getting some muscles along with it wouldn't be that bad. =)

I've bought the nerd fitness book. i'm exercising for about a week, trying out paleo and basicaly, willing to do whatever it takes.

I just wanna thank you all for the inspiration to finally get up and go for it.

And eventually, i will be joining the challenges.

Wish me luck!

Welcome to the Rebellion Pedro! As you might've come across this quote already, I'll just repeat it due to your goal of health first and looks last. "Appearance is a consequence of fitness" ~Mark Twight. As you continue down this path, you will naturally start looking better, feeling better and carrying yourself better. Again, welcome to the rebellion man! Get after it!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

My goal is not really aesthetic, but i want to live the longest, healthiest nerd life i can! Of course, getting some muscles along with it wouldn't be that bad. =)

Excellent. I had this same epiphany that I was tired of trying to lose weight and look good. There is no reason to look good if you can't move your weight

around. Welcome!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Welcome to the Rebellion Pedro! As you might've come across this quote already, I'll just repeat it due to your goal of health first and looks last. "Appearance is a consequence of fitness" ~Mark Twight. As you continue down this path, you will naturally start looking better, feeling better and carrying yourself better. Again, welcome to the rebellion man! Get after it!

Yes, i've read it a lot of times, but that doesn't make it less right! Thank you all for accepting me. I'm very happy to be here, and a lot more motivated than ever!

By the way, am I the only brazillian rebel in the community? I'm trying really hard not to yell "FIRST" and destroy the community in a flame war, but it would be kinda awesome to start the rebellion in the whole country. Who knows... =)