Forums are back in action! ×

Well, hello everyone.

I'm a 6'1", 22 year old full time college student going after a Bachelor's in Computer Science, and I've never been someone who's ever really been in shape. For the better part of the last six years I'd been 250lbs, and I probably would have stayed that way for the next six years if it weren't for some indirect encouragement from a couple of friends and coworkers. As it is I decided to take a bit more care in what I was eating back in December, and by May I had dropped to my current weight of 212lbs. Of course I haven't lost any more weight since then because I simply had no idea where or how to start working out effectively.

I'm hoping to join the Air Force after I graduate at the end of this academic year, so getting myself down below 195lbs and in good enough shape to actually be accepted is very important to me. Luckily right as I was starting up my latest batch of most likely pointless workout attempts I stumbled across the name of this site in the living like James Bond story. Hopefully with the knowledge and encouragement that this site seems to provide I'll be able to get my self into shape for the first time in my life!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

- Albert Einstein

welcome to the rebellion! there is a ton of encouragement, information and strategies to get you going on here. Like Neo, however, you have to walk through the door. There are a TON of great articles Steve has written that will equip you with enough info to get working out right, eating right and dropping those lbs while getting stronger! Hang in there! Looking forward to hearing some "Woots" from you in "The Woot Room" thread

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus