Forums are back in action! ×

I stumbled over this site a few weeks back, and decided to jump into the "cold water" and start posting in the forums as well:)

I'm 41, female, originally from Germany but live in the UK now. fell in love with weightlifting rather late in life a few years ago, and after a break due to an accident / injuries I'm back in the gym since February. Working on upping the weight, upping the protein in my diet, getting stronger and fitter!

I often experienced weird looks when as a woman you march into the free weights area and start attaching weight plates to the barbells and lifting them...but the gym I now train at s awesome, although I am still one of the view! many of my real life friends think I am a bit mad (You should do cardio instead, you get way too bulky... is what I heard a lot!) so I'm hoping this place will be a bit a refuge as I am looking mainly for like minded people and support in reaching my goals!

• Like 1