Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

I just recently joined this amazing community and have learned a lot so far. My goals are to drop to 11-12% body fat(right now, I'm around 18) and overall gain more confidence in myself. 

I LOVE weightlifting and I have no problems gaining muscle and losing weight(during sophomore year in high school, I dropped 30 pounds through bodyweight exercise and got right around my current goal percentage), but I had a hard time motivating myself until I found this amazing group of individuals who all have the same goal of living a healthier life. I also travel quite a bit for my job, so I would make up excuses and decide that I could always make up for it later, but no more! 

My other hobbies include reading(my favorite books are Sherlock Holmes and Lord of the Rings), watching TV, and helping my dad restore old cars(mainly VW's right now, but hoping to get my hands on a 1968 AMC Javelin). I like video games, mainly Halo and PC RTS games like Age of Empires or Civilization, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to that with the travel and all.

I can't wait to begin this journey with you all!

JBowenlevel 0 Human warrior
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Great!!!  I see you've found the Warriors introduction thread - they'll be an excellent resource for you as you work on weight training at NF.  When you travel, do you have access to weights or dumbbells?  I'm finding more hotels have at least SOMETHING for a workout room.  Otherwise, bodyweight training is always available!! 

For your first challenge, you'll start as a Level 1Rebel and then you can move over to the Warriors after the first challenge.  Best of luck with your goals!!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thanks! I do have adjustable dumbbells that I've been taking with me whenever I travel, and a lot of the hotels we stay at usually just have a small machine(that's almost always missing pins) or just treadmills. I tend to fall back on bodyweight stuff a lot, I just had a hard time finding motivation. I'd work a ten or twelve-hour day and tell myself one more hour of rest... But I figured that I'm young and its my life, so I should start taking real advantage of it.  

JBowenlevel 0 Human warrior
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0