Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone I'm Jon. 5'11. I'm from new york city and currently 22 years old. I'm an education/mathematics major attempting to level up in fitness. Lover of megaman, dragon ball, video games, super heroes, manga, and comicbooks. I dont want rock hard abs or giant arms. What I do want is a strong flexible body that will support me on any adventure or personal challenges I may set for myself, and my dreams.

A little bit about me. I've never really been the skinny kid I was always the chubby overweight kid. It basically started at a young age when I learned how to open the refrigerator. It eventually got pretty bad and I decided I had to do something about my physique (also i had this crush on this girl in my class and wanted to be good enough for her...I was young and naive)at the end of 7th grade I decided it wasn't okay to be 180lbs and 13 years olds (this is when I first started my journey in fitness but I was doing it all wrong.) I ate way less did countless push ups, sit ups, chin ups, pull ups I did lose the weight with the help of puberty by the end of 8th grade I was 150Lbs and a bit taller. I never confessed my middle school crush though.

Throughout high school I tried to stay active I joined a few sport teams the football team track team and played handball, joined a local gym for their swimming pool, I thought I was in great shape but my energy levels weren't balanced. Around this time I would weight about 140 to 160 but it would always go up and down.

When I started college I became a smoker became less active got a bit lazier at times. Last year I weighed about 155lbs but this was around the time of my life when I was smoking a pack a day and drinking alot. A little while after this I quit smoking got even lazier(you don't realize how often youre out walking when youre a full time smoker) and it wasn't until a few months ago that it got so bad I started to have back problems and weighed almost 180lbs. I was so out of shape that I had to do something about this, but this time for myself! This time I took nutrition and fitness more seriously than ever before.

I randomly came across this site when I was searching ways to decrease body fat percentage and there it was a paleo article by steve. I immediately fell in love with this site with all its useful information.

tomorrow on july 14th it will be 2 months since I've started working out regularly with a weights and cardio program. I'm currently around 171lbs with 11.3% body fat. I'm not sure at what body percentage I started at but I'm sure it was a bit over 20% but slowly and surely I'll get that strong and flexible body that will support my dreams.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion and congrats on the 2-month anniversary!! 

There's a lot to take in - but take it slowly and you'll pick it up as you go.

First off, NOTHING is required.  Na da.  You can hang out, read, swap tips and questions and learn from the mentors and fellow nerds.  

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The next challenge should start July 28th - keep your eyes open since there will be announcements.    You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel  .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  Think of it as sort of the tutorial level on a game. You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 7 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome! I'm pretty new as well, but I've already found that the sense of community and support here is overwhelming (in a positive way, of course).

As a former double-major, I know from experience that finding time to work out can be super difficult. Not sure what your typical routine is, but make sure you start adjusting your schedule near the end of the summer so that transitioning into the school year won't be like hitting a huge speed bump.

And there's my two cents. Good luck, my friend! And keep up the good work =]

Level: 2  Race: Wood Elf  Profession: Adventurer

| STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3.3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Twitter | YouFood: RaskolRebel