Forums are back in action! ×

I Can Honestly Say...

....that I'm proud of myself. I am giving myself a pat on the pat on the back tonight. It occured to me tonight, after I told a guy who was being a jerk to go fuck himself, that I used to be such a doormat...to everyone. And somewhere along the line, my bull-shit-o-meter just went past red and I stopped taking it.

I've been through some crap but that's life, regardless of what I've been through,there's always someone who has been through the same or worse. I've always heard it's not what happens to you it's what you do with what happens to you that counts...and I truly believe that.

I may have gotten knocked down, in relationships, in jobs, in school, in many things but I refuse to stand down and stay down. Not going to happen.

I've been forcing myself to come out of my comfort zone, take the initiative, go after life instead of waiting for my life to begin. I've stopped defining myself by other people and by my relationships with a guy or lack thereof. There is so much more out there than what I had first planned for myself. Of course I want to graduate from college, have a family,etc. But there is so much more that I want to do, and I'll be damned before I let anything stop me.

Getting into a workout routine and changing what I eat is just part of the goals I have for myself. This year has been hellacious, but through it all I have come out of it with my boots on, I've become so much stronger, thankful, and confident. I know that if I can change my thoughts and my attitude toward life in general than I sure as hell can move off the couch and workout, I can choose the apple over the brownies. I want this...and I've finally started going after the life I've always wanted.

So here's to all of you who have made the decision to get off the couch and go for a run...or a walk. Who choose to make the change and not give up when the going gets tough...don't give up...pat yourself on the back...keep kicking life in the ass!

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart

That is one of my fave songs! I got pulled over speeding listening to it once lol. Anything by Motley Crue=pretty damn awesome!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

bahahahaha! nice!

Guest Snake McClain

For some reason it makes my car go sideways in second gear...still trying to get that fixed.

I have the same problem evertyime i hear "fuel" by metallica.

In regards to OP. This is a great thing. Dont let your troubles make you a negative nancy though. Be positive but don't take crap from anyone.

Some famous guy once said "there are two types of people. Those who get stomped on and those who do the stomping." who said that....oh yeah. it was JESUS. (jk)