Forums are back in action! ×

New Zealand Newbie

Hello! Am was so excited to find this website, it is exactly what I didn't know I was looking for!

Over the last few months to a year, I have been re-working my own exercise philosophy by cherry picking from the likes of Crossfit, gymnastics strength training, barefoot running, Paleo diet and Mark Lauren's You are Your Own Gym (great book by the way). I am definitely a nerd and like to understand the science behind things, whether it be how your body makes use of the nutrients in food, or what exactly happens in your muscles when you exercise in different ways. Understanding in excessive detail helps the more simple stuff become second nature. Anyway, there is a LOT of bad information out there as I'm sure you all know. That is why I was so happy to see there is a whole community of like minded people out there, even if most of you are a long way away. Looking forward to reading your views on keeping fit and healthy.

I'm on day 26 of the 100 day burpee challenge which is fun. About to start the 6 weeks to 100 pushups program with my fiance on Monday too.

I wonder if there are any other Kiwis on here? Probably a few Australians I expect.

Would love to hear advice about not sucking at mountain biking. I tire so quickly going uphill even on very low gears.

Glad to be in the rebellion.

Sarah

Welcome aboard Sarah.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

There are DEFINITELY some Kiwi's bouncing around. I'm not sure where Dantes is these days (I think he's graduated from Uni at Christchurch), but I met up with a few others rebels when I was in New Zealand in February.

Welcome aboard :) Your country is beautiful and I want to go back immediately.

-S

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.