Forums are back in action! ×

Hellooooo!

I'm going to introduce myself. I'm Steve, 26, and lovingly described as an Ogre (6'2" and around 330 pounds)

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of feeling like I am a level 1 new character, while everyone around me has powered ahead.

As a bit of background, I am based in the UK, but I used to play American Football at Uni level. It was fun, but I stopped when I graduated, and I didn't take up any exercise. My diet is terrible, and I know I have to work to actively change that, but my exercise is also non existant. I've just started refereeing Am Football, and I want to be able to run up and down the sideline and not feel like I want to die. If I were talking in terms of guilds, I want to eventually be a ranger, because I want the endurance and strength that I used to have, and I want more of it.

I appreciate that is a bit of a mixed bag. Sorry!

So yeah...Hi!

• Like 1

Hi Steve,,that's almost exactly the same as me, just swap football for rugby, even the same age - spooky

Like you I'm a big guy to, that kinda lost it after university but I want to be a ranger to, mostly to get that athletic physique back and get back in to rugby or american football.

I look forwards to seeing you level up

• Like 1

Hey Steve welcome!

Fitness is 80% diet so i would definitely lock that down quickly.  I am in the process of cleaning out all the crap in my diet and can't believe the difference it has made. Definitely look more into the paleo diet, I'm a bigger guy my self, 220 Used to be 330, and i like to eat and don't like to starve myself.  I cut all the grains, sugar and processed crap and started buying from the local farmers market and butchers getting the best quality food i can and it is working wonders.  I don't worry about how much i'm eating, if i"m hungry i just eat some meat and veggies, or bacon and eggs and the weight is coming off.  I feel great, and would highly recommend you take a similar route. No starving no calorie counting, just remove the garbage. 

Join the next six week challenge! July 28th i think.

Good luck.

I'm going ranger myself hope to see you in the guild!

• Like 1

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

Welcome Steve!

Since Ironhead mentioned it...the next challenge is supposed to be this Sunday - the 27 or Monday the 28...depending on which day YOU choose to start...LOL

I hate to say it, but your first challenge needs to be at the Level 1s!!!...but, don't get too upset...you will level up just by completing the first three weeks!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/

Consistency is key...and, I've been hanging around this place for 2 years, and only just started to do the challenges in January, and my life has changed tremendously because of it.

I love the triathlon aspects of the Scouts...but I think the Rangers take all of those in.

I just wanted to say Hi...and welcome!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice