Forums are back in action! ×

Hello rebellion!

Hi! I'm 5'11" and hover between 200-205 lbs. I've never been much into fitness. I always hated doing it in highschool. I was lazy and have been for most of my life. I tried college for a short bit, but never found anything that really appealed to me. I'm now 27, and have finally realized my evil ways. I am finally going to college this spring to obtain a bachelors in graphic design. It is an art that I have fallen in love with over the past 3-4 years. And now I want to get in shape. I'm tired of staring at a beer gut and man boobs in the mirror in the mornings. I eat like crap and sit all day at work. It's incredible that I haven't gained even more weight than I have. I weighed around 135 when I graduated high school 10 years ago. I joined a gym last week with a friend, but without much direction, we really weren't accomplishing much. Then I read the James bond article on Gizmodo which led me here. I now believe that I can kind of wrap my head around the whole fitness thing. There is a wealth of incredible information to be found here and my hat is off to Steve for providing it to the world! So starting tomorrow, I will be using the tips I've found here to make myself healthier than ever! Thank you, Steve!

welcome! you're in the right place. come back often and keep reading. i got into 'starting strength' thanks to a friend, who then also introduced me to NF. it's here at nf that i really get much of the info i need to propel me forward, keep me on track, raise my morale, and continue my education so i can keep improving. don't be a stranger!