Forums are back in action! ×

Joined the rebellion & STOKED!

Hey Folks,

Let me tell you a little about myself that way you can get a better understanding of why this forum intersts me. I started at 6'2 360 lbs at the start of 2011. At the begining of the year I decided that it was time for a change and I started going to the gym doing mostly cardio and tried to watch what I eat. Over the course of a couple months I lost weight and felt better but dropped the gym cardio. I would ebb and flow with my diet but kept really good habits. The biggest thing was cooking myself or with my girlfriend more, stopped fast food, drank only water (TONS) and coffee. Weight just started to keep shedding off. Around May, 2011 I started making sure I was keeping a calorie defecit according to what my body burned and I took up hiking on the weekend. A quick update of where I am now: 280lbs!

Before I get into something I research it painstakingly. I was running for a couple months but came to the conclusion I really need to be lifting heavy weight. A few weeks ago I read starting strength and am making due with a M, W, F routine I have set up in my garage. Naturally watching what I eat I cut a lot of carbs out of my diet just by making healthier choices but kept oatmeal in the morning and maybe a slice of bread with lunch. After reading about Paleo and finding the NF rebillion I decided to give it a shot! I am super stoked to maintaining a Paleo/Primal lifestyle.

Oh, should I do one of these challenges that just started? I am a newbie.

Thanks for listening!

starting strength ftw! RIGHT ON! welcome to the rebellion. :D

i began with starting strength too...i'm almost ready to change up my programming. i'm beginning to fine tune my diet too, kinda like you're doing. i cut a little from my diet that i know is not good for me, add a few good things, then take a step back, and see what i've got. i keep doing that over and over, always fine tuning. i've learned so much from the people here on nf, and i know you will too. looking forward to more woots from you.