Forums are back in action! ×

n00b ready to be pwnd

I've been reading the blogs and articles for almost a week now and loving every second. I think this is what I need to take my life to the next level. Here's my hopefully short story.

I reached a weight of 281lbs last February. After taking a trip with friends to Vegas I realized how my weight was preventing me from enjoying certain things in life. That along with seeing how my weight was hurting my marriage too, I decided I needed a change. I started counting calories and casually working out. I was able to drop about 20lbs by May. Then in May my world came crashing down for good. My wife left me and I really hit rock bottom. After recovering from the shock of that, I made the decision that I needed a permanent change. Life was passing me by and I was doing my best to waste it away. So over the last few months I've been strictly watching my calories and working out regularly. I went through the C25K program and ran my first 5k on what would have been our 6 year wedding anniversary at the end of August. I'm down to 240 now but in a way I've been stuck for the last month or so. Other than a number on a scale, I really haven't had specific goals.

That's when I found this site. I'm now in the process of thinking through what my level 50 looks like and setting specific goals. I'm going to start the paleo diet tomorrow and after my second 5k on 10/2 I'm going to start concentrating on lifting heavy and regularly. I'm excited to see what my body is capable of. I look forward to using this site as the great resource it sounds like it is. You should see plenty of me around as I'm sure I'll be throwing out n00b questions left and right. :D