Forums are back in action! ×

Hip Pain from squats

Hey,

About a week ago I discovered that I was doing squats improperly (I tended to tuck my tail in at the bottom and not have my feet equidistant apart) as soon as I started to correct my form however I noticed a sharp pain in my right hip joint, it feels like the tendon. I immediately stopped doing squats and decided to take a break from them for a while, but the pain tends to flair up overnight and it will wake me up from hurting.

I know why my hip hurts, but does any one have any ideas for how to get my hip back into good condition? I've been doing my best to stretch it out and not perform anything too taxing on it, but I would like some additional advice on what I should do. Thanks!

I'll back up everyone who is saying to go see a doctor or physical therapist. Always better to be safe than sorry.

In addition to that, I'd take a look at MobilityWOD and search "hip" or the problem you're having. I used to have pain in my right hip when doing squatting, and have found that by increasing my mobility and doing one of the stretches prior to squatting, the pain has gone away.