Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo = Progress = Success

erin

I've been wanting and trying to lose weight for a while and before I learned anything about Paleo I thought I was eating pretty healthy, porridge for breakfast, lots of fruit and veggies as snacks, sandwich at lunch, pasta or stirfry with rice for dinner with gym workouts probably 4 times a week. I got frustrated because it seemed like a was on a big yo-yo I'd lose a pound or two only to gain it back or more a couple of weeks later.

My first NF blog post was about Staci's success story and from there I was hooked and I learned so much in an incredibly short amount of time. I decided I was going to go Paleo and rework my gym routine. I'm only on week two but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

I read about tracking your progress and so I set up all the spreadsheets I need including my body measurements to set up a baseline. In the first week I didn't do too much in the way of working out, mainly just some body weight exercises at home. I wanted to see how I felt once I cut so much out of my diet. Well at the end of the week I'm down almost a pound and probably about half an inch total just from diet alone. It's not a lot but to me it's a huge success because never before have I lost weight from diet alone. I also have a lot more energy and I'm not as tired in the morning. I'm still adjusting some trying to figure out the best snacks for while I'm at my desk but it's been great and I'm so happy I decided to try it!

P.S. I don't look like my pic anymore but I want to get back there and better!