Forums are back in action! ×

Taking steps forward.

I found Nerd Fitness through the james bond article about Steve's Epic (Aroundtheworldomgwtfamazing) Journey.

I have been heavy for a long time ever since I moved to my current location in North Carolina (Biscuits and BBQ amazing!) and had always just allowed myself to be okay with the fact that I was very overweight. If I was not allowing myself to feel that loosing the weight was impossible, I was finding other excuses to avoid the subject. It did not help that weight and health was never a topic with my friends and family. The culmination of my excuses was when recently I hurt my knee when climbing a fence I fell on it sideways and stretched out the ligaments pretty bad. That has been my crutch to avoid activity for about the last year.

But enough about that whiny B.S. I am here to change these things and look to what I can do. I am currently 255lbs 5'11" and 22 years old. After reading this site I jumped right into a Paleo esc diet (still dropping a few things as I go) and yesterday had my first honest bust my ass work out at the gym. My hope is over time to keep eating a consistent healthy diet and drop ultimately to 170lbs.

I don't really know what the realistic timeframe is for this goal but for now I will play it by ear and see what the Fitness Rebellion has in store.