Forums are back in action! ×

5k personal record!

Hit 22:22 this morning, and I'm excited as hell, mostly because the last time I ran a 5k (about a week and a half ago), I was closer to 25 minutes. Up until now, my best 5k was only 24:30, which I ran 4 years ago on a bet that I could run it faster not training than my freshman-year RA who had been training for 6 months. I won that bet, but it's nice to put in actual work and demolish my old lazy self.

Wow -- great job!

I once went on a 5k run with some friends who are craaaaazyspeedy runners and we did it in 23:00 (my fastest time ever, and you were faster than that) and I felt like my lungs were going to explode out of my throat onto the ground in front of us. It took me about twelve hundred days for my heartrate to come down to anything resembling normal and even then I think I was in a state of shock for another twelve hundred days.

Here's a photo I snapped of myself a few minutes after we finished. That expression on my face reads: "Wait...what the fuck just happened?"

Posted Image

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

go on with your bad self! congrats!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.