Forums are back in action! ×

Xbox 360 advice?

I'm strongly considering purchasing an Xbox 360. I used to have a ps3 and loved it. Before that I had a few 360's that all dealt with red ring issues. But it seems like the redesign of the 360 may have solved that. I play mostly sports games and would use the 360 for the espn content that it includes as well. I guess I just really have on major question. How does xbox live work these days? How much does it cost, and will I get a free month or year when I buy the console? Thanks for the help.

You get xbox Live Silver free as standard, so that allows you to do pretty much everything but play against people online.

I didn't get any Live Gold when I got the console, but that was in 2008, so things may have changed since then. They often have deals on with regards to paying for a subscription. They usually turn up on the dashboad all the time for me.

In the UK the normal price scheme is: £5.99 a month, or £39.99 a year. I imagine the price structure could be different for US residents.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green