Forums are back in action! ×

Time to join the rebellion!!

I follow the website and Steve on Twitter and since I might make an appearance at the camp, figured I ought to join the actual forums! A little about me....

By January of 2013, I was FAT. There's no other way to say it. I had kept myself in shape with a lot of the advanced Nerd Fitness programs, but somewhere along the way I just lost it. So I stopped working out with friends, joined a gym, did the fitness challenge it sponsored, went paleo, dropped twenty pounds, and then discovered Crossfit.

Joined up Crossfit in October of last year and lived it. Yes, lived it. I spent all my free time there, and unfortunately ended up with a torn rotator cuff which I got repaired in March. It just finally wore out after years of abuse and bad lifting technique (two decades worth before Crossfit). Which makes me sad, because I was I fantastic shape and finally had a set of pecs I was proud of! (I'm a guy, what can I say?)

I'm back at the box, sadly back to being fat because I haven't been able to do much, but I've been cleared to do a lot. Pretty much everything but the gymnastic stuff. I am happy to be exercising again, that's for sure!

I designated my class as Ranger, but right now my training is Olympic lifting and rowing (warriors do cardio, too!). In a former life I was a scout, with a half marathon time of 1:43:00 and a 5K time of 19:06(?). I was also a monk with ranks in karate, Kung fu, and Jiu jitsu. I am seriously debating getting back I to running once my body gets used an increased volume of exercise again. Also hoping to rehit some of my PRs by next year.

Veni, vidi, subsidunt