Forums are back in action! ×

How do you reward yourself?

Mani/pedi or new clothes (For the new figure). Going and doing something awesome (concert, etc). I used to use every week (or modicum of time) as 'money in the bank' and keep track of it. Every week of being good I would put 5$ in the "Doing something stupid" bank, and I'd spend it on something really silly which was completely unnecessary in my life but which pleased me (ie, silly hat, trip to the water park). Good luck in finding something to motivate and reward yourself with!

Workout clothes, new shoes, Nerd Fitness gear, a day at the pool instead of the gym, new gym bag or other workout accessories, etc. Also, I know you said you're steering away from food rewards (I tend to agree...if it's healthy, then I'm already having it. And if it's not, then it's not a good reward.), but one thing I do that makes a great reward is a "farm box" delivery...a big box of organic, local veggies. It's such a treat, and you never know what you're going to get! Maybe you have something similar in your area?

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

I use a longterm reward - I have a really nice suit (which is worth a pretty penny, but I grabbed a bargain in a sale), but it needs tailoring. I have an open invitation to a members club called The Reform Club (famous club in London) which has strict dress code, and I will not go until I have this suit tailored. I see this as a goal and am not getting my suit tailored till I am in the shape I want to be!

Might sound silly but it works for me, and is a goal which will also help my career.

For short term rewards, and again this is might sound silly, I find comments from my girlfriend are a good reward as although we all truly do this for ourselves, it's nice when your partner notices!

Failing that, go for a wicked meat heavy meal at a nice restaurant and treat yourself to some fries with it! :P