Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

I originally joined the rebellion about 2 years ago (I think), and didn't really post to much or use it as much as I could/should have.

But over the last 2 years I did run 3 half marathons and some other shorter races, and was maintaining a good weight.  But once winters would roll around typical right after thanksgiving I would fall off the running trail and default back to my old ways.  But this past wintered I decided to run every starting on thanksgiving until the 1st of the year even if it was only a mile and I managed to keep up on my running.

After that it kind went to down to 1-2 times a week if i was lucky, I had signed up to run my 4th half marathon in January to try and keep me motivated to keep running and something to train for.  The weather started to get warmer and I started to run a bit more, not as much as one should have been.  Then on valentines day my wife and I found out that we are expecting our 1st child in October and we where so happy.

But it was shortly after that when life took a hard left turn, it was early in March when my company's CFO called a last minute meeting to notify us that half of the people in the office (all of Finance, that included me...) was being laid off, after being with the company for 10 years.  It really was not the news I was looking to hear with a baby on the way.

That news really messed with my head and I just stop running all together, and the moral in the office was horrible and we started to leave early and hit up the bars for happy hour way more then we should have been and weight was starting to clime up again and I was just depressed.  Some days have been better then others.  I happened to be one of the luckier ones and my end date is 12/31, but I have not had a ton of luck finding a jobs that fit my skill set, I have meet with a number recruiters but not much as turned up.

There was an internal field position that came up, it was between and co-worker and my self for the position and my co-worker was chosen over my which was not much help either...  There have been some days where I have not wanted to get out of bed in the morning, let alone try and get back in to running.

I finally managed to start to pick myself back up on July 7th and started running again, since then I have been running 3 - 4 days a week, slowly getting back up to where I used to be, I am trying to watch my food in take as well, but I am struggling to get the lbs to drop off...

So that gets to today, I finally got a call back and I have a phone interview Monday as well as a potential internal job that seems to be shaping up to actually happen.  The one positive thing thus far has been that our little girl to be has been doing great growing in her mommy's tummy and she is looking healthy.

I am currently looking at trying out crossfit, I have really been feeling the urge to try lifting again.

I am hoping that I am able to get inspiration as well give it to others that use this site.

feel free to follow me on twitter @GuruGuy00, I also RunKeeper to track all my runs if you use it as well feel free to follow back!

Human Adventurer Level 1

STR - 0() | DEX - 0(+4) | STA - 0() | CON - 0(+4) | WIS - 0(+3) | CHA - 0(+4)

6WC: #02

Twitter

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible"

-Author Unknown