Forums are back in action! ×

When should I change up my workout?

Good afternoon, all.  About just over a month ago I discovered NerdFitness.com.  I started reading into it and I loved it.  This site and everyone therein is a total match for me.  Fast forward about a week later and I started doing the Angry Bird Workout.  I love it!  I have leveled up in each exercise except the back exercise.  I’m still doing the inverted row but with a goal of 30 reps.  It's been a month now and I'm wondering if I should change up my workout or not.  I do the workout as a circuit every two to three days.  It goes like this:

Squats (level 2)

Push ups (level 3)

Back exercise (level 2a)

Planks (level 3)

If I do change it, I was thinking of doing this:

Lunges

Dips

Assisted pull ups

Crunches

If I do do this, I would not have the reps per level already figured out like the Angry Birds workout already has.  So my questions are these:

Should I change my workout?

And if I do, how can I come up with the appropriate repetitions per levels like in the Angry Birds workout?

Thank you all very much,

Spider Monk

Change it up by trying the harder version of the exercise. So, if you can, comfortably and with good form, do 3 sets of 12-15 pushups, try diamond pushups or decline pushups. Move from squats to split squats, planks to leg-lift planks :)

Start Bodyweight and Strength Unbound (google em) are great resources for reading up on the progressions through harder exercises.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora