Forums are back in action! ×

cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

I am really liking using 2 kettlebells at once (inspired by most loathed). It feels much more natural for squats too. I also hit a new PR for double unders with 30 in a row!

there is a kettlebell exercise we do called "the donkey kong"

you take a bell in each hand and as you swing one up, you swing the other one down making you squat up and down like a chimp. Great workout though

4/17/15

warm up

jump rope

emotm

• 15 kb swing
  • 10 good mornings
  • 5 burpees

strength/skill

deadlift

5x125

5x175

5x195

5x220

2x5@115

so the form on the last rep of 220 was atrocious.... gotta get the form down

wod

20/15/10/5

wall balls 14lb

squat jump

kb swing 24kg

time : dont know, under 12 minutes though

UPDATES/NOTES

So this weekend starting friday was crazy.  Friday I had to be up at 530 to be at the gym for the 7 oclock class. I couldn't go to the 11 oclock because I had to go to a funeral. I felt ok at the gym, was worried what the drastic time change would do to me. But I was up until 10pm for work so that day sucked.

Saturday I had my open art class which went great, then I spent two and a half hours cleaning my grill. Later we found out my aunt had gone to the hospital for heart issues.

today I was getting ready to go golfing, and got called in to work because somone had gotten into an accident. So I worked all day today. So meal prep was pushed back to tomorrow. 

Food wise this weekend has been nuts, I also screwed up my chicken breast for this past week. So I did eat some food I hadn't prepared. But it was all good stuff so thats fine. I do look forward to getting back into it though, and I am glad I got the grill cleaned to start cooking on.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Dang. That was a dirty grill.

Yep... and it's still not 100%. I'll be posting a big update shortly.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Your standards must be a whole lot higher than mine. A few swipes with the wire brush as the coals heat up and I'm good to go.

When other people use the grill, and they do things like mot cleaning out the drip tray, and spraying it with Pam it gets sticky, even on the knobs. Oh and they never clean it.

4/20/15

warm up

jump rope

emotm

• 15 air squat
  • 18 lunges
  • 10 burpees

strength/skill

front squat

5x65

3x85

3x95

3x127.5

3x117.5

3x105

this is finally starting to feel good. I need to stop worrying about my legs and focus on the rack position. I did it so well the trainer thought my 100% was my 85% of max set. So I should be all clear to up the weight next week! I am feeling good about this lift now. At least better than I was.

WOD

20/15/9

burpees 

deadlift (115 lb)

after each round 400m row

time cap 15min

time- 14:50

So the weather was shit so I couldn't run. But that was probably for the best. This one really took it out of me. I don't know what it is but this last week or so I have felt that the WOD's have been pushing me to the limit. I barely got this one done before the time. I was sweating bullets and my breathing was all out of wack. I wonder if I am just pushing myself harder? Something I need to investigate.

So usually I do these updates with my workouts, but I figured I'd take a second to ramble about some stuff. Not really all that much, but kind of an update thing?

This past weekend was crazy, I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to recover and get everything on track. If today's workout was any indication it should be good. However I wasn't able to get all my food prepped today, I had plenty of time, but I didn't do the burgers. So I guess its not all that much, but its still a bummer.

Food wise I ate pretty good today I think. Found some chicken breast that I can cook frozen (similar to how I bake my wings) so thats good. I tried cooking some chicken kabobs on the grill, but the wind made it impossible. Brought them in and threw them in my grill pan. I think I overcooked them though. Parents loved them though.Dinner was protein pancakes... Because reasons. I also cut up some chicken breast and put it in the freezer so I have it all portioned out if I want to cook it on the grill... But we'll see how that goes.

As far as my grill is concerned it's still not as clean as I'd like. Its still got some parts that are sticky (the legs and knobs being the most noticeable.) This really bugs me as I have decided that I really need to start appreciating things I own (and my parents own). I have grown up so used to the fact that I can just buy another one when I need to. To the point that I feel I don't really respect the things I buy. From my art books to the grill. So even if my parents wont clean the grill I decided I would. Who knew it would be a multiple hour long project though...

Weight loss seems to be going great. I think I may be under 190, but i am not 100 percent sure. 

Can't really think of anything else at the moment, so I guess thats it.

• Like 1

When other people use the grill, and they do things like mot cleaning out the drip tray, and spraying it with Pam it gets sticky, even on the knobs. Oh and they never clean it.

know what cleans really good - fire.

:)

I'm one of those heathens who never cleans the grill. I just get it going, let it warm up, hit it with a brush to know the chunks off and proceed to making delicious food.  Not necessarily the right way but it's worked well so far.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Quick update, I will post my workouts tomorrow... or something.

Though good news workout related, I can kick up into a handstand (on the wall) now! So thats cool.

Cleaned up my first post, I think thats in need of some updating. Things have been crazy this week. But I am feeling good. More tomorrow!

• Like 1

4/21/15

warm up

400m run

strength/skill

clean and jerk, 2 reps

45,65,75,85,95x2,105x2

WOD

4 rounds

row 400m 1:1 rest

4/22/15

warm up

jump rope + prowler push

emotm 

6 1arm kb press

10 push ups

10 band pull aparts

strength/skill

bench press 3 reps

WOD

2 rounds

1 min wall balls

1 min plank

1min air dyne

1 min kb swing

1 min push ups

first round 62

second round 61

total score 123

4/23/15

warm up

jump rope

8 air squat

6 neg push up

4 neg pull up

strength/skill

HSPU progressions

wall walks - completed

kick up + hold - completed

HSPU - fail, not enough strength

WOD

emotm

odd 1 snatch grip deadlift 1 sg high pull 1 hang power snatch 1 overhead squat

even 50 double unders ( or however many I can get in 50 seconds)

highest du string 36

highest completed during round 48

Liked today so much I did it twice.

4/24/15

warm up

jump rope - 400m run

emom

10 sdhp

10 good mornings

10 band pull aparts

strength/skill

deadlift 3 reps

117.5/152.5/175/197.5/232.5FAILED/175x2

so I need to suck it up and tone back the weight. This is the third week I have failed the last set. I know I can hit 225 for three, and thats what I am doing next week.

WOD

10 push ups

20 step ups

30 burpees

40 wall balls

500m run

time - 10:28

So I was out the door and running before all but one of the class, everyone else took rowing 500m. So when I got back in the gym I was the second to last done. I was just dead on the run.

Quick updates-

Food has been going well, I am weighing in consistently under 190 in the mornings, which is good. I need to mix things up a bit because reasons. But that should be pretty easy. I definitely need to have a bit more of a substantial breakfast, I feel it helps me out in the gym a ton.

Hand stands, wow. Never thought I would be able to kick up into one on the wall, but yesterday I did them with almost zero issue (I only failed once! and that was because I was tired). I loved yesterdays class so much that I even did it twice (partially because there was only one person in the class after mine. I really tried to get 50 du in 50 seconds, but it just wasn't happening. This left me super winded for the barbell complex. But I felt I really started to get the snatch down. I only did 65lb because my overhead squat is so poor.

I am thinking about adding a prowler challenge mwf after classes, but I'm not quite sure yet.

With the help of my friends I started a new art challenge. Its going to take a few days to get everything figured out, but they are super excited about it. Which makes me want to do it even more. I will try to share it here with you as often as I can, in an attempt to keep up with it. But the jist is that I will be creating playing cards for the game Borderlands. My friends and I are compiling a list of 52 characters from the game that we like, and I will put them on a card. Once I get everything up and running and make the first one, I can use that to determine the rate at which I want to make them. At most it will be 1 a day, minimum 3 a week. They wont be overly detailed drawings, just some fun art on a card. So it will either take anywhere from 8 to 18 weeks to get them all done. But I am excited about the idea, and I feel that really having my friends support will help me stick with it.

Thats basically all for now.

4/27/15

warm up

jump rope run 400m

emotom

10 gob squat

18 lunges

20/20/20 (elbow to instep x2/superman)

strength/skill

front squat 

3x67.5

3x87.5

3x102.5

3x115

3x132.5

3x120

3x107.5

these felt pretty good. I need to make sure I am going to consistent depth though.

WOD

Burpee workout against running clock

1 min mark 1 burpee

2 min mark 2 burpees

basically every minute that passes you have to do that many burpees, in less than a minute. Once you can't thats your score.

score - 12 + 12 burpees

So i think I attacked this in an intelligent way. Rounds 1-8 where easy. I kept at a pace of 1 burpee every 5 seconds. Round 9 wasn't even that bad, but I did notice a bit of fatigue going into 10. 10 and 11 where pretty rough, but 12 was the hardest because I had 5 seconds rest from the last round. I managed 12 in the minute so I got to round 13, but I kept up a consistent pace so there wasnt enough time. So all in all I got as far as I wanted to get (12). And I kept up a consistent speed throughout the workout. Even when I did 24 in a row for rounds 12 and 13. 

4/28/15

warm up

prowler push

10 kb swing

5 pull ups

5 push ups (last rep transition to superman)

done twice

strength/skill

pendlay rows 

8x65

8x75

8x85

8x95

8x105 (tough)

12x65

wod

15 min AMRAP

400m run

5 push ups

10 hanging knee raises

15 air squat

score 3 + 396 meters

I was coming in from the run and once I got through the door I was over by 3 seconds... damn. Felt pretty good. I made the worst time on the run, so I still suck at that.

Only a few days left on my challenge. I ditched the dark chocolate 2 days ago, felt it was the last thing really holding me back. Heres hoping I reach 185 before monday! Also note to anyone doing meal prep. If you make lettuce wraps. They are delicious indeed, but save the lettuce and the filling seperately. Reheated lettuce does not hold up too well... Still tasty though!

I also started the new art project. I think I talked about it here? If not the short of it is that I am going to make 54 illustrations of characters from the game borderlands, turning them into playing cards. Once its done it will actually be a a deck of cards that people can print out and use! I started today and I know that I have to get everything figured out. So I am going to spend the next few days on this card. But I figured I would share what I have already done?

FaceMcshooty_card_step1.jpg

Its far from done. And its not 100 percent accurate... I don;t know if I want to go back and change the drawing or not. Bonus points if anyone plays these games. Super bonus points if you can tell me who this is! 

• Like 1

I don't have a 6wc, havent done one in a few months. But you can find me here!

• Like 1