Forums are back in action! ×

G'day guys and girls

Hey all. I'm Dave from Australia. Just found out about your site though your james bond article that got reposted on Gizmodo. Anyway I've decided to really kick myself into gear. I've read a bunch of your stuff on this site so far and it all sounds really good.

my situation right now is i'm a bit overweight and not terribly strong. my body puts on weight very easily. I've been doing group fitness classes twice a week for a while now and its helping me maintain my weight. I also play Ultimate Frisbee. (i've always been the fat kid evethough i've played sports since i was 5). my diet wasnt terribly bad, but it wasnt particualarly good either. I'm hoping to be in better shape for the upcomming summer. so not long to go.

I need to go get myself some bathroom scales, but my guess would be i'm at about the 90kg mark.

Anyway Just thought I'd say 'hey'

Dave

Welcome Dave! Tons of info out there, but I would start with a body weight routine if you haven't lifted weights in a while. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, and pullups will get you in pretty good shape as well as being a non complicated way to build a work out routine. Steve has some great articles about them.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle