Forums are back in action! ×

Les Mills?

The gym I go to just started offering Les Mills classes, and they look pretty ridiculous but possibly really fun. I was wondering if anyone has taken any of these classes before and could tell me about them.

Thanks!

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

welcome to real life | bitch be cool

i confess i LOVED the body pump classes. the times that were offered were really awkward so i stopped going. They went by really fast and i was always sore the next day. they focus on one muscle group per song so you don't do extremely heavy weights (b/c you're going for like 5 minutes). pretty basic moves, mostly just using a step and a barbell. a lot of times they offer a technique class once a week or so. definitely work a try!

My gym also has these classes. I've only been to a few of them because group fitness classes aren't really my thing. I found the aerobic classes a little fast paced at first, but once you've been a couple of times then you remember the choreography. I know a lot of people who swear by them and one of my coworkers goes to a class every day.

I like Body Pump it's one of my favorite class of Les Mills. I found it great for toning, if you want to see reslut you need to do it at least twice a week. (if you do only that)

The other class (BodyCombat for exemple or the new Sh'Bam) are more for cardio. I think taking a class is a good way to mix a bit you work-out.