Forums are back in action! ×

day 5 for me!  it is starting to ramp up, I am feeling great that I let you guys talk me into it.

here is an image of me doing my squats:

Blue_ranger_ready.gif

OMG PERFECT. HAHAHAHA

so good. 

I love you. 

baahahahaha.

@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

STR2  DEX5  STA2  CON2 WIS7  CHA1
"The time has come to test thy courage..." - Great Deku Tree - OoT 

Challenge | Battle Log 

Goal: Lose 45lbs

12%
12%

Holy Balls, man!
I just did 165 squats, 105 crunches and 65 sit ups to catch up on the 2 days I lagged on and today. 
ERMERGERD. 

my thighs are monsters.
and I vow to never lag on days again.
Officially back on track.

(I was able to do this because we didn't go to the track today. Megan started school again so she can't go with me and I was at that massage and I didn't get home till 6)
TALK ABOUT BEING SWEATY. EW. I need to shower.

• Like 1
@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

Challenge | Battle Log 

12%
12%

Okay, day 10 complete!
Man. 
From combining days 6,7&8 my "abs" are so sore! 
My thighs too. 
My butt isn't really feeling a burn, so I guess I need to tighten more when I'm squatting. 

Yesterday (day 9) was technically supposed to be a rest day, but I got really bored massaging clients so I did some squats. 
I think I only did 15, but they were a gnarly 15 ... considering I did 165 the day before. 

Anyway, so yeah. Day 10. DONE. 
1/3 of the way completed!!

I have been slackin on going to the CC lately. I feel like since Megan is back in school I don't have anyone to hold accountable which forced me to hold myself accountable so I need to get out of that. 
I do need to try running again. 

I'm definitely seeing a difference in my thighs and calves as far as strengthening goes. I'm finally starting to see a glimpse of my soccer legs again. That feels good. 
Um... I don't remember what the last beverage I had was that wasn't a morning superfood smoothie or water (aside from the delicious beer at FYF fest, because what's a music festival without beer?) so I'm doing decently with that. Water is like my go to and favorite for all the things. 

Maybe I'll go on a run today. 
And Amira and I will work out this weekend when she comes up to visit me.

lalalala....

OH YEAH, LIFE QUEST:
I did that interview today for the massage position at the Double Tree's Spa Del Mar and I totally got the job. So I'll be quitting Massage Envy soon and that feels PHENOMENAL. 
$40 a session with Marlo and nothing less than $30 at the spa. I HOPE TO BE ROLLING IN DOUGH SOON. 
WOOOH!

• Like 3
@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

Challenge | Battle Log 

12%
12%

Okay, day 10 complete!

Man. 

From combining days 6,7&8 my "abs" are so sore! 

My thighs too. 

My butt isn't really feeling a burn, so I guess I need to tighten more when I'm squatting. 

Yesterday (day 9) was technically supposed to be a rest day, but I got really bored massaging clients so I did some squats. 

I think I only did 15, but they were a gnarly 15 ... considering I did 165 the day before. 

Anyway, so yeah. Day 10. DONE. 

1/3 of the way completed!!

I have been slackin on going to the CC lately. I feel like since Megan is back in school I don't have anyone to hold accountable which forced me to hold myself accountable so I need to get out of that. 

I do need to try running again. 

I'm definitely seeing a difference in my thighs and calves as far as strengthening goes. I'm finally starting to see a glimpse of my soccer legs again. That feels good. 

Um... I don't remember what the last beverage I had was that wasn't a morning superfood smoothie or water (aside from the delicious beer at FYF fest, because what's a music festival without beer?) so I'm doing decently with that. Water is like my go to and favorite for all the things. 

Maybe I'll go on a run today. 

And Amira and I will work out this weekend when she comes up to visit me.

lalalala....OH YEAH, LIFE QUEST:

I did that interview today for the massage position at the Double Tree's Spa Del Mar and I totally got the job. So I'll be quitting Massage Envy soon and that feels PHENOMENAL. 

$40 a session with Marlo and nothing less than $30 at the spa. I HOPE TO BE ROLLING IN DOUGH SOON. 

WOOOH!

I need a good massage therapist. It's awesome to hear things are getting better for you.

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Day 11 DONE. 
WOOH!

I think the squats are getting easier er I'm not as tired so quickly. 
I'm still sweating like a BEAST though, so that's good. 

Not too much to report today... just wanted to check in. 
:}

@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

Challenge | Battle Log 

12%
12%

Day 11 DONE. 

WOOH!

I think the squats are getting easier er I'm not as tired so quickly. 

I'm still sweating like a BEAST though, so that's good. 

Not too much to report today... just wanted to check in. 

:}

Sounds like your describing symptoms of BEAST MODE!
  • Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

OHHHHH mayn!

Officially halfway through the 30 day Ab & Squat challenge. 
This weekend was half good half god awful. 
Amira's probably the worst influence ever. (Or just as bad as I am when I visit her)

We had smores and ice cream while she was here. 
HOW TERRIBLE. Hahah
At least we didn't eat AS poorly as last visit... Though a fair amount of drinking took place this weekend. 

There's definitely a noticeable difference in the strength of my legs and my belly doesn't "hang" quite as low as before. 
The ab workouts are definitely pulling my belly up and out of view so I don't have to worry too much should I lift my arms in a shorter shirt.

BUT THE GAME IS NOT OVER, PEOPLE. IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL THE FIT GIRL CHEERS.

IT'S (still) MORPHIN' TIME!

• Like 1
@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

Challenge | Battle Log 

12%
12%

So, I should totally be on my last day for the Ab and Squat challenge, but I had to stop for a bit because I think I did something to my adductors in my left leg. 
They still kind of hurt when I do squats, but I was able to knock out Day 20 and 21 today in between sessions at work. 
If I can't actually finish this challenge, I'm going to start the little black dress challenge. 
There are some days where you're supposed to do squats, but I think not doing them everyday will be less painful. 
I also plan to do this next challenge, I just haven't posted anything yet. 
I started yesterday and didn't eat anything bad. Though, I did have some dark chocolate chips and strawberries. 
Today I went to lunch with my boss and had these gluten free, vegetarian tacos and they were freaking amazing. 
I seriously didn't even eat a lot and by the end of our meal I was freaking STUFFED. 
I had 2 tacos - which I would normally eat like 4 if I made them myself and still feel hungry after
I shared a salad with my boss and we split a piece of fake cheesecake and I didn't even eat my whole half. 
I also had kombucha and water. 
By the end of the meal I thought I was going to implode. 
But seriously, I felt amazing. I clearly had a lot of energy to burn considering I did 2 days on the Ab & Squat Challenge and I've done 2 massages and about to go into another 90 minute session.
I think my main goal for this challenge is to run. 
I hate running, but I think I can like it. 
I'm going to at least try to do it through my boyfriends birthday. I feel like the loss of 5 pounds with last challenge was a taste of what could be. 
And let me tell you, I'm ready for the win. 

Sorry I've been so absent. I promise not to leave you guys like that again. <3

• Like 1
@mander110
Adventurer | Level 2

Challenge | Battle Log 

12%
12%