Forums are back in action! ×

Soo ive lurked for a while now, and figured it was finally time for me to introduce myself and my shame...

Im 5'3", 19 years old and weigh 250 lbs. (that alone is painful for me to say)

Ive been heavy my whole life but for a long while, all my teen years, i stayed a consistent 180. Which looking back now id love to be again. But over the past year and a half, things got out of control; i gained a steady 10 lbs a month and even though i could see myself ballooning up, i just kept at it until im where i am now.

My diet is so shameful, i dont like to eat in front of people. I dont currently have a job so when im alone, my day goes the same every single day: i wake up, eat fast food, then settle in and play games till time for bed again. Only breaking to eat more.

My breakdown happened upon the day i realized what all i had eaten, and studying myself in the mirror, realized that my body had exploded in deep purple stretch marks from that fast weight gain. I mean theyre everywhere, even my upper back. Im so ashamed of how i look now, i can even wear tshirts that show my arms because of the scars. I know they'll probably fade some (at least in color) as i lose, but they may possibly be there forever...

My life over the past couple years has been nothing but games and food, not the kind of life i wanna live. So after countless hours and months of watching videos, reading etc on ways to lose weight and get healthy, and sitting around thinking "i have to stop" or "i should really be working out instead of playing games" i know that i have to start.

It really gets me down knowing that i put all this weight on so quickly and easily, only to have to work twice as hard and long to get rid of it again, when if i had started before, when i had a lot less to lose, it wouldve been easier.

Just a newcomer seeking a helping hand and some support. Wish me luck!

I am doing more than wishing you luck - I'm giving you a big hug :)

You will get good support here. Just set some realistic goals and you can be on your way.

I hope to see you around the forums.

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!